In the blink of an eye, we are halfway through January of the New Year 2019, yet at the same time, counting down the last few days to send off the Year of the Dog. In this special moment in time where Old meets New, it is the perfect season for Spring Cleaning - what are some things to send off with the old year, and what will you welcome to ring in the new year?
Singapore has also announced 2019 as the Year Of Zero Waste, to start its journey towards better use of resources to save Planet Earth. So let us consider what are things we can throw out and bring in without generating more waste.
What Are Some Things To Throw Out With The Old Year?
1) Old Fears - Maybe the same little voice pops up year after year, telling you what makes you feel small and holds you back. It’s time to face off with the old fears, pick up a broom to sweep them away. Who know's? You may see yourself in new light after this!
2) Physical Clutter - Tidying expert Marie Kondo has taken the world by storm with her life-changing, decluttering advice - “Ask yourself if it sparks joy” . While it may not be necessary to throw out 3/4 of your wardrobe, going through this process of tidying your belongings and self-questioning, may well bring new inspirations to your life. At the least, it may help you find some things to sell on Carousell and earn yourself an ang-pow!
3) Old Sales Targets - In busy Singapore, sales targets and numbers often define people's lives and business. But going one step further to consider the real value of your business in helping people can bring you new joy beyond numbers.
2) New Eyes - Marcel Proust, a French writer in the 19th century, once said “The real voyage of discovery consists, not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” In the new year, taking on new angles and fresh perspectives can be a way to refresh your observations and ways of thinking.
3) New Vocabulary - Do you find yourself often using the same words and talking about the same things? Perhaps it is time to think of a new way to say something? Or let Affinity Motions help you find new ways of presenting to your old clients or reach out to potential new clients through video.
We leave you with these good thoughts as we prepare to usher in the new Lunar New Year, and wish you a joyful and prosperous 2019 ahead!